1st Annual Coffee Bluff Marina Fish Derby
Update for Monday, November 2nd, 2009
There are currently 41 entries in this year long event.
1st Place with 7 species is TJ Ryan...Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Black Drum, Whiting, Sheepshead, and Tripletail...his photo is above with several redfish and a flounder that he caught on October 4th. TJ's total weight on 7 species is 25 pounds 5 ounces.
2nd Place with 7 species is Jerry Case...Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Whiting, Black drum, Sheepshead, and a Tripletail. Jerry's total weight among 7 species caught is 24 pounds 1 ounce.
3rd Place with 7 species is Scott McAllister with Speckled Trout, Redfish, Spanish Mackerel, Whiting, Black Drum, Tripletail, and Sheepshead. Scott's total weight is 20 pounds 11 ounces.
4th Place is Thomas Bishop with 6 species...Speckled Trout, Redfish, Flounder, Black Drum, Sheepshead, and Whiting. Thomas' total weight is 13 pounds 7 ounces.
5th Place with 5 species is Jimmy Davis with Speckled Trout, Redfish, Tripletail, Whiting, and Sheepshead. Total weight for the 5 fish is 22 pounds.
Rules and Regulations
* Entry fee is $10 per person
* The beginning date is September 1st, 2009....the ending date is August 31st, 2010. You can enter at any time throughout the year
* You have the entire year to catch 10 species of fish: Sheepshead, Redfish, Spanish mackerel, Whiting, Speckled trout, Flounder, Tripletail, Striped bass, Black drum, Black sea bass
* All fish must be caught on hook and line in coastal Georgia waters
* All fish must be legal and weighed in at Coffee Bluff Marina during operating hours
* Winner is declared by the most species caught by the tournament end date, August 31st, 2010
* In case of a tie, the tiebreaker is determined by total aggregate weight of all species caught by an individual
* Fish can be culled throughout the year...in other words, if a participant catches and records a 4 pound trout today, then next March catches a 6 pound trout, the 6 pound trout will take the place of the 4 pound trout, allowing the total aggregate weight to be increased.
During Labor Day Weekend, 2010, we will hold an annual Customer Appreciation Sale along with a cookout, and present a nice trophy and tournament pot to the winner. Hope to see you there!
Coffee Bluff Marina
14915 Coffee Bluff Rd.
Savannah, GA 31419
Savannah and Coastal Georgia
Hours of Operation
Open 7 Days per Week
Monday - Thursday 7 am to 5 pm
Friday 7 am to 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 6 am to 6 pm